Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sleepy Pugs

That's what Elliot said that I should title my blog post. It's because we're laying in my bed, he's watching the mavs, I'm not, and we have two sleepy pugs sleepin on us. Snoring and all.
So remember a few posts ago I wrote about Betsy the cow being stranded during the flood? Well Elliot found her yesterday and she didn't make it. Sad day. We think that she drowned in the high water.
On a happier note, my brother got a truck two days ago! He's 17 and doesn't have his driver's license, but that's okay, because the truck doesn't run anyways. That's because it's a 1978 Step-Side Chevy pickup. He got it from a lady named Jane, who is basically my second grandma. She's been around for as long as I can remember, me and her grandson used to be best friends when I was little. Anyways, her and her husband bought the truck brand new in 78 and got divorced a little while after. He left her $1 in her bank account and the truck. He told her that she would never make it, and she told him that she would prove him wrong. And she did.
She's had this truck ever since, and the last time it passed inspection was in 2000. Since then it's just been sitting in her driveway. It's in pretty good shape for such an old truck, though. My brother and dad put new spark plugs in it yesterday and it started right up. It still needs a little fine tuning. My brother is going to give it a new paintjob and some fixin up on the interior, and it will be as good as new!
My dad told my brother to start it after they put the spark plugs in it. It's a standard, and my brother has never driven one before, so I told him to push the clutch in when he started it up. Then he took his foot off the clutch. Bad idea. It lunged forward, almost sandwhiching my dad and our neighbor Alan in between Elliot's truck and ashton's truck. He didn't know that it was in first gear, and since he's never driven a standard before, he didn't know it would lurch forward like that. Besides, the truck's parking break doesn't even work, so that was another factor.
Just thought I would update. I have to finish writing my 7 page paper that's due today.
Caitlyn Bailee

No comments:

Post a Comment