Sunday, April 26, 2009

Germanfest has come and gone...

... and it was fun! We did everything on my list! When we went to go find the geocache at the lake, we totally saw three other people who were doing the same thing. Only they were like 50 or so. We're geocaching youngin's.
Some people might not know what geocaching is. It's kind of hard to explain. Basically, people hide these things (they could be old ammo boxes, tupperware bowls, or hide-a-key boxes) all over the place. The website (geocaching.com) tells you the coordinates of the geocache as well as a hint. For example, the geocache at the lake's hint is "Chinkapin." It's on the chinkapin trail in a hole in the chinkapin tree. Once you get the hang of it, it's really fun. People hide these things all over the world. There are just three in Muenster, but when you get out to bigger towns there could be thousands. It's fun because it's like a scavenger hunt, and it's completely free (well besides the gas to get there)!!!!
At Germanfest we did the bbq judging, and it was really fun. There were some good foods! Elliot did't win, but he was a winner is my world. ;)
Then today we went down to the campgrounds so Elliot could pick up his truck and stuff. He left it down there because he had been drinking all day, so I went down there and picked him up last night. So we get down there, and I get out of my car to help him load stuff. Then I close my door. When I tried to open it, it was locked. My keys were in my car. So i had to talk the gatekeepers in to letting me into Germanfest to go find a popo (my ticket and all my money was in my car) to see if they could open my car for me. After thirty minutes and no luck, we just went home and tried to call the local cop. He couldn't get it open because my car is newer, and apparently the stuff to unlock the car has changed, and he didn't have the new equipment. So we had to call a guy that works at a local car repair shop, and he came and opened it for me. It was supposed to cost $40, but he knew us, so it only cost $20.
I got to meet Elliot's sister's fiance's family today. Haha what a tongue twister. They're Phillipino, and they were really nice. His two sisters have the whole asian look to them, and they are GORGEOUS! His sister also brought her new baby (he's like a year to a year and a half old) and we got to watch him do his "tricks." He's got those Phillipino eyes and he is one of the cutest babies in the world. His name is Victor Sebastion, but they call him Sebastion, or Sebo for short. His dad's name is Victor, so that's why they call him Sebo.
Well Elliot's calling me to hang out with him, so I'll see ya later.
Caitlyn

1 comment:

  1. Funnest weekend in a long time, by far. Thanks so much for having us over and showing us your lovely little town. I love your family and Elliot. I will not call him Smelliot.... I'm the nice friend. (Make sure you tell him that)

    We will definitely come visit you in the summer if you want!

    ReplyDelete