Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Potato Wagons are Rollin'!!

Ever heard that expression? My dad always told me that's what happend when you heard thunder, that someone up above was rollin the potato wagon, and when one fell off, it made thunder. My dad always had interesting expressions to use. Like, "Bye, Bye, Buy Bonds!" which I think he got off of the show M*A*S*H*.
So it's been raining in Muenster ALL DAY. Which is fine, because I love it when it rains! When I was on my way home from Denton, it started raining so hard all at one time that I almost had to come to a complete stop on the highway. It didn't help that there were tons of semi trucks in front of me, and all of their rainwater splashing was going right on my windshield.
Muenster is really flooded. The clouds dropped like 10 inches of rain today. Some parts of Muenster are so flooded that you can't even get across the roads. We drove past Elliot's parent's house and their creek in front of their house was completely flooded. We were looking out at their cows from the road, and we spotted Betsy. Betsy is a tame jersey cow that Elliot's grandpa raised from a calf. So she's really old. Anways, she was standing on a little island of land in the middle of the creek, with rushing water all around her! She didn't seem to care, though, because she was just munchin away on the grass. I hope that she doesn't get bored on that little island and try to go across the water, cause she won't make it.
This morning in food prep, we made cream puffs and almond spritz in food prep class. The cream puffs were pretty good. The almond spritz (which are cookies. I think it sounds more like a drink) were not so much. They had almond paste in them, and I just couldn't get past how gross the almond paste smelled. The cookies were cute though, because you put the dough in a piping bag and use a star-shaped piping tip to make little flower-shaped cookies that you then stick a chocolate chip in the middle and bake. So after we made all of these goodies, I walked around and stole some of the things that the other groups had made. This included coffee cream puffs, chocolate cream puffs, black and white cookies, and some other things. I brought them all home so that I could try them and share some of them with Elliot and my family. They were in my bag on the floor of the living room while I went to go look at all of the water with Elliot. When I got back, guess what? They were gone!! And guess who ate them?? THE PUGS! I was ticked! Well at least I know that the pugs liked them, cause boy were they happy after that. They even ate parts of the plastic bag that they were in.
You might think that eating plastic bags and cream puffs are bad for them. Let me tell you. We don't get ordinary dogs. We had dogs in our back yard that literally ate our trees. Two of them. Just chewed right through the bottom. Then they attacked the shrubs. We tried everything to keep them out. Electric fences, they'd jump over them. Moth balls, they'd just carry them off. Cayenne pepper, they'd just get a drink. Black pepper, they'd just sneeze. Finally we gave up. The pugs have eaten at least a whole box of Kleenex since we've had them. They also attack their stuffed toys, but they don't just chew on them. They tear a hole in them and eat all of the fuzz out. Then they just leave the lifeless carcass of the stuffed animal on the floor as a reminder of how vicious they are.
Well, Myth Busters is on, so I'm gonna go watch.
Caitlyn Bailee

1 comment: