Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Here! It's Here!!

It's officially here. GERMANFEST!! I'm mucho excited. This will be my twelvth year to go. You'd think that it would get boring after about five years. No. It never gets old. It's basically just like a big beer fest with music and german food. There is american food too, for people (like me) who don't like german food. There is a big stage with more famous people, such as Reckless Kelly and a little stage with lesser known people, such as the Polka Kings. I kid you not, there is lots of Polka goin round during Germanfest. There is also a big carnival thing with lots of rides. It even comes with the scary looking Carnies that are missing teeth and random body parts. There's also a big BBQ competition. This will be by third year to judge and Elliot's third year to cook. So far he hasn't won anything (but that's cause they won't take my advice on how to get good-tasting chicken and brisket).There's a Fun-Run (5k and 15k) and a Bike Rally.
So this year Staci and Alesig are coming to Muenster to celebrate the festivities. They're coming in tomorrow. We're going to do all sorts of fun things. Here's a list that I'm making up off the top of my head as of right now.
1. Check out the windmills.
2. Maybe check out a few geocaches because I know where they are and I can just show them.
3. Possibly go to Marysville, because it has a population of 18. I'm sure Staci and Alesig have never been to a town that small.
4. Take a random driving tour of Muenster with me as the narrator.
5. Go to Elliot's dairy farm and show the city girls how to milk a cow.
6. Be barbeque judges for the BBQ cook-off. We're judging chicken at 1 and brisket at 3. And of course we're gonna have to try lots of other foods in the fest itself.
7. I'm gonna show them my mom's bookstore and we're gonna look thru the windows of the jewelry store i work at (because it will be closed tomorrow).
8. Go to the "bakerei" or "Bayer's Kolonielwaren" here in Muenster so they can try strudel and the best donuts in the world.

It's going to be so much fun!

The fest doesn't open until 4 today, so I get to work here at the jewelry store until 5:30. It's been pretty slow today. The greater half of the people that have been in here are actually from Muenster lol. But I did have two different ladies come in at different times and buy the same angel figurine. That was a little strange. Some people have had fanny packs, so you can tell that they're tourists. The best part is when they come in and ask you what your name is and expect it to be something really german, like Gretel Slichtenscheid. I always dissapoint them when I tell them my name is Caitlyn Barrett. Boring, and not very german at all. I've also noticed that there has been a lot of commotion and strange noises on the roof of the store today. Squirrels? I don't think so. Rats? Hardly. Oppossums? Doubt it. Carnies? Definately. Scary? Fo sho.
carnies
This carnie has a chicken because she's about to voodoo with it. You can see it in her face.
So tonight I'm gonna go chillax with my barbequein' boyfriend and then we're gonna go into the fest. Friday night is when all the Muenster people go.
"Lieb Und Trink, Lach Und Ting" "In Himmel gibt es kein Bier deswegen wir trinken es hier"
"Live and Drink, Laugh and Sing" "In Heaven there is no beer we have to drink it here."
See ya,
Caitlyn Bailee

2 comments:

  1. YAY GERMANFEST!!!!!

    AND YAY FOR YOU BEING A RANDOM NARRATOR.... or whatever you said, lol. and that picture scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and btw the little security word for my last comment was "pippledn"

    where do they come up with this stuff???

    ReplyDelete