Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I feel like a snail...

A very very slowwww one.
I'm just so tired today. This morning I had food prep. Made a huge carrot cake, and my teacher even commended me on how nice it looked when it was frosted. My partner and I spent so much time making it (it's a three-hour class), and when we got done with it, no one even tried any. Not even one little nibble. Nothing. So what did I do? I loaded that sucker up with tin foil and drove it the 45 minutes home and set it on the counter for everyone at my house to enjoy. Enjoy they did.
After I let them enjoy the cakey goodness, my mom and I went to tackle the room-cleaning. You see, Germanfest is coming up, and I have college friends coming in to enjoy the festivities. We can't have college friends chillaxin in a house that is not clean. That's no bueno. So we spent like 5 hours cleaning my room. Not that it was dirty, it was just cluttered. I threw a bunch of stuff away and even organized my closet. You have no idea how strange that is for me. Organization is not exactly my favorite word. It's often referred to as the "O" word.
So now I'm tired. So tired that I'm about to pass out in the big brown chair that I'm sitting in right now as I'm typing this. The two 45 minute drives, the 3-hours of running around in cooking class, and the 5 hours of cleaning my room make for a very sleepy-headed Caitlyn. I even got to sleep in this morning. I didn't have to leave Muenster until 7:45!
My dad is making spaghetti becuase I didn't feel like cooking. Elliot isn't here because he's getting stuff together for the Germanfest cook-off. The pugs are snoring on the floor. And I organized. Something's not right. We've entered the Twilight Zone.

Caitlyn

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...carrot cake! You're definitely Nannie's granddaughter! She would be so proud! You should send her a link to this & see if she can view it. Her web tv is kind of slow, though. She may not be able to. Doesn't it feel GREAT to have a clean room?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you sound like my mom. she says the same thing about how it feels great to have a clean room

    ReplyDelete